As Right Now Today is focusing on the growing bullying problem in Washington State, I have found it hard to reach the people who can really impact our movement in a positive way. Contacting local schools and school administrators has been very tough. I am asking for community support to bring more awareness to this huge problem. I am finding that there is a huge gap in communication with the kids, teachers, school administrators, local law enforcement, and parents.
I propose that we rally 100 people to walk across the Narrows Bridge to be heard and seen. Bullying needs to be addressed immediately to help prevent more suicides and bullying incidents in the state of Washington. 1 in 4 kids are bullied every day, someone is bullied every 7 seconds, millions of kids worldwide miss school due to bullying, and in 2014 4,600 kids committed suicide due to bullying in the United States.
What we need is a solid commitment from 100 individual who are willing to walk the Narrows Bridge. We will meet at the Tacoma side of the Narrows Bridge at 12:00 on November 28th 2015 bikes and dogs are welcomed. Right Now Today needs team leaders to make signs and help organize. After the walk we will meet at Europa Bistro to discuss what we can do as a community to bridge the gap.
- Click here to RSVP at the facebook event page
- Saturday, November 28th 2015 at 12:00
- Meet at the Tacoma side of the Narrows Bridge at 12:00
- Adults and kids, bikes, strollers, scooters and dogs are welcome
- We need team leaders to make signs and help organize
- After the walk we’ll meet at Europa Bistro
- Contact Gregory Marks, Coordinator